Friday, February 6, 2009

All the days ordained for me...

I’m a Bible-marker. I know that to some that might seem wrong -- but I like to underline verses that speak especially to me, and I like to record times and events in my Bible. I especially like to go back through the pages and remember…

Today I celebrate another birthday, so perhaps more than other days, I’m mindful of the passage of time. As I looked in the Psalms, I found this passage underlined:

For you created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
When I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
Were written in your book
Before one of them came to be.

In the margin I wrote, “Gracie, February 5/07” Our little granddaughter was born the day before my birthday two years ago.

What a special birthday gift she was; and she continues to be a blessing. How wonderful to know that God knit her together in her mother’s womb and that all her days are written in His book even those that have yet to come.

Even more powerful: this is true for all the generations, past and future.

I found baby pictures of my dad, myself, our son, and our little Gracie to share with you today.

My dad, held by his aunt, Jean...






Myself, taken around my first birthday...





Our son, Nathan, in my arms...



Little Gracie, held by her parents...



Each of us began our lives with that truth – we are fearfully and wonderfully made, our frames are not hidden from Him, and our days are written in His book.

Thank you, Father, for all my days. And for the circle of life…Help me to remember my days and make them count for You.

No comments: