Thursday, May 20, 2010

Welcome Spring!



Spring is my favourite time ... especially after a long winter.

The sun’s warmth coaxes new life from the barren land…and everything looks cheerful once again.
Here at the end of the road, the crocuses have gone to seed...


but the buffalo beans are out…


The spring storms are out and about…


greening up the pasture quite nicely…


The creek gurgles more than its usual trickle…I can hear it from the verandah if I listen closely.


A new little filly arrived last week…


These parents have their hands full…



The Saskatoons are blooming…

And even the tulips opened their sunny faces…



Welcome, Spring, I’m so glad you’re here. With your presence, I am reminded that all things become new…

II Corinthians 5: 17 says, “…if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”

Thank you for the wonder of your creation, Father...
The miracle of new life, both in the world, and inside me.

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

I love the picture of the little foal. So precious! I was reading through some of Grandma Betty's poems about Spring the other day. She must have loved the season.