Friday, November 21, 2008

Road Trip


There is just something special about women’s friendship. Don’t you just love ‘em? Yesterday I went for a road trip with two good women to see a friend of ours (another good woman!) Shortly after I was on the road, I realized that I’d forgotten to ‘load the tunes.’ The trip was about 90 minutes each way, but we didn’t miss the tunes one bit because we were so busy talking (about everything!) and laughing.

On the way, we stopped in a really small town and drove around until we found an open restaurant. Maybe you know the kind of place – a small hotel coffee shop with arborite tables, chrome chairs, and kitchen lino on the floor. Everyone in the place knew everyone else. We were obviously strangers in the town. After we ate and got back to the car, I mentioned feeling that I didn’t really ‘belong’. One of my friends assured me – they weren’t staring at us because we didn’t belong – it was because we’re so hot!

You gotta love friends like that!

Proverbs 17:17 says,
“A friend loves at all times.”


I know I can count on these three women to love me enough to have fun with me, tell me the truth (gently) and encourage me when my own 'road trip' isn't much fun. And I hope they know I will do the same for them.

Next time you need a boost, call your friends and take a road trip. And know when the locals stare at you -- it’s because you’re all hot!

1 comment:

Debora said...

Joey,
What great posts you have! I haven't visited for a while, but I love your writing. This one reminds me of a quote by (I think) Katherine Hepburn...If you want something done right, get 3 old broads to do it!


Cheers,
Debora